Due to expansion our well established client is looking for a Regional Safeguarding Officer to cover the Cardiff area.
To act as the FPOC (First Point of Contact) for all internal Safeguarding enquiries and referrals. The aim of this role is to positively contribute to the safeguarding and welfare of their Service Users and staff. Ensuring action is taken to promote their welfare, protect them from harm, being accountable for decisions and taking action to have the best possible outcomes through advice and guidance on safeguarding matters to staff.
This is a home based role and will report to the Safeguarding Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The RSO will have responsibility for Council and UASC contracts.
- The RSO should have a responsibility on an operational day to day basis to promote safeguarding of people and ensuring that a stable and secure environment is provided. Develop and maintain external links with local safeguarding teams bringing community expertise to the safeguarding strategy.
- To effectively conduct robust initial investigations of all child protection concerns raised by children, their families, colleagues and/or external parties/professionals to legislative and best practice requirements. It is expected that the post holder will conduct evidence-based investigations and be empathetic towards the needs of their people and staff concerned.
- To collate information on any new safeguarding referrals, and to submit a safeguarding incident report to the Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- To ensure that all concerns and safeguarding information is logged and stored securely in line with GDPR and company Policies.
- To collate organisation wide information on any safeguarding matters, and to make referrals to the line manager.
- To liaise with Safeguarding and HR Manager where the acts or omissions of a member of staff has/may impact on the safeguarding of their Service Users.
- To contribute to the induction programme and training for new/existing staff regarding Safeguarding.
- Coach, support and develop staff understanding to ensure high standards of care, values, ethics, equality and diversity, policies and procedures, legislation and contractual requirements are met.
- To assess information from staff regarding concerns about children and vulnerable adults and make referrals to Safeguarding Manager.
- Liaising with Police, Local Authorities and other statutory organisations when safeguarding matters arise.
- Must have experience in a similar role
- Good administration and organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of initiative
- Smart professional presentation
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Software
- Full driving licence and a car owner
In return, you will benefit from 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days with service plus bank holidays, pension and life insurance.
Hours: Mon-Fri 40 hours per week 8.30am-5pm
Salary: £23,000-£25,000 depending on experience, plus fuel allowance
Interested in this permanent role, based from home covering the Cardiff area. Please email or contact me on 07483 340870.