The NHS needs you now more than ever. We are looking for a Bank Cleaner (Domestic Assistant) to cover Scunthorpe and the surrounding areas.
Our people are working hard behind the scenes to provide safe, clean, well maintained environments for patients and their NHS colleagues during this challenging time. They are the #HiddenHeros and we need more of them. You will become part of a team who are passionate about supporting the NHS and its people in their vital work by keeping premises clean and safe.
Salary and benefits
* £9.21 per hour
* Plus, up to 50% premium for early, late and weekend hours
* Excellent holidays - 27 days plus public and bank holidays
* Life assurance, income protection, personal accident cover and an employee assistance programme in addition to many other benefits.
Where would you work?
You will be based at Ironstone Health Care, 3 Teale St, Scunthorpe, DN15 6HX. however will be required to travel to other locations within the surrounding areas as required. Postcodes of these locations include HU9 2LJ, HU7 5DD, DN20 8GS, HU1 1UY, HU10 6DT, DN16 2SZ and DN15 6HX.
What hours would you work?
You will work a variety of hours per week, with various shift patterns and start times throughout the day from early starts to late afternoon and night shifts, Monday to Friday between 06:00 and 20:00. At this time example shifts would be 06:00 - 09:00 or 17:00 - 20:00.
What would you do?
* You will be responsible for ensuring a clean environment for patients by; vacuum cleaning; mopping; dusting, cleaning mirrors, baths, showers, sinks, toilets, washing of tiled surfaces and paintwork; walls and ceilings; emptying and cleaning bins and making sure paper towels; toilet tissue; hand soap dispensers.
* If you are working in a ward you will usually have additional duties such as washing up and cleaning the kitchen, helping to serve food and drinks and some laundry duties.
What experience and skills do you need?
* You do not need to have any experience as full training and support will be provided
* We are looking for people who have the right values and want to make a difference
* You will need to have good basic level of English because you may need to speak to patients, visitors and staff in a healthcare environment as well as reporting any issues, ensuring that you understand your training and can carry out all policies and procedures and able to keep accurate records.
What are we looking for?
* You will do a great job in the right way
* You will deliver the best cleanliness standards for NHS Patients, staff and visitors
* You will work hard, be a great team ambassador and bring energy to everything you do
* You will join a team who are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity - we welcome people who want to contribute to our inspiring and inclusive workforce.
What do you need to think about before applying?
* This role is physically demanding, and you will be moving/using equipment and furniture, stretching, reaching, bending and doing lots of repetitive movements
* You will also be exposed to dirt, dust and smells
* If you are applying for a role with an early start or part time hours, please make sure you think about how you will get to the site and that the hours will work for you
* You will have a full driving licence with access to your own vehicle, mileage expences will be paid for travel to other sites.