You will become part of a team who are passionate about supporting the NHS and its people through a wide range of general tasks and duties that help keep the NHS moving. We are looking for a Bank General Assistant to work at Louth Hospital, Louth.
Our people are working hard behind the scenes to provide safe, clean, well maintained environments for patients and their NHS colleagues during this challenging time. They are the #HiddenHeros and we need more of them. You will become part of a team who are passionate about supporting the NHS and its people in their vital work by keeping premises clean and safe.
On our Bank team you will be offered a range of shifts to suit your lifestyle, these vary from part time to full time hours with some early starts, evening works and day time shifts up to 7 days a week.
Salary and benefits
* £9.29 Per Hour
* £13.94 Per Hour for hours completed after 20:00 and at weekends
* Excellent holidays - 27 days plus public and bank holidays
* Life assurance, income protection, personal accident cover and an employee assistance programme in addition to many other benefits.
Where would you work?
You will be based at Louth Hospital, High Holme Road, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 0EU.
What hours would you work?
You will work a variety of hours per week, with various shift patterns and start times throughout the day from early starts of 06:00 to late afternoon and night shifts finishing at 22:00, Monday to Sunday.
What would you do?
This role is highly varied, you will be supporting excellent patient care in many different ways, on any single day you could be:
* Collecting and delivering patients to and from wards, theatre and outpatients and body store
* Transporting anything from blood and specimens and notes to furniture, food and linen - keeping the NHS moving in lots of ways; you may know some of this job as a Porter
* You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks as different as: monitoring CCTV to heavy duty cleaning, gritting roads to responding to emergency situations such as a fire lockdown or helping out with some maintenance jobs by replacing broken fixtures and fittings.
What experience and skills do you need?
You do not need to have any experience as we will provide full training however you will need some transferable experience to be successful in this job for example:
* You will have a basic knowledge of: manual handling, COSHH and cleaning procedures and equipment, standard operating procedures and safe work practices
* You will have experience in customer care and be able to demonstrate the ability to deal with challenging behaviour in the workplace or a voluntary role
* You will need to have good basic level of English because you may need to speak to patients, visitors and staff in a healthcare environment as well as reporting any issues, ensuring that you understand your training and can carry out all policies and procedures and able to keep accurate records.
What are we looking for?
* We are looking for people who have the right values and want to make a difference for NHS patients and staff
* You will be resilient and be able to deal with some stressful or upsetting situations and duties such as working in a body store; helping to prepare bodies and being present when families and loved ones visit them
* You need to have excellent communication skills and be able to effectively manage patients and their relatives who can be very upset and occasionally abusive
* You will have a can-do attitude, be able to work things out - turning problems into solutions
* You will work hard, be a great team ambassador and bring energy to everything you do.
What do you need to think about before applying?
* This role is physically demanding, and you will be lifting; moving wheelchairs, trolleys, furniture and heavy industrial domestic equipment
* You will also be exposed to dirt, dust and unpleasant working conditions from noxious fumes when disposing of healthcare waste. You will also be completing some tasks outside in bad weather
* You may have direct access to patients in most of these roles and it is likely that you will need to complete a DBS (Criminal Record Check) check before we can offer you a job
* Please carefully consider the duties and environment that you will work in - you will need to be highly resilient and able to deal with stressful situations that could be upsetting.