The NHS needs you now more than ever. We are looking for a permanent, part-time Cleaning Team Leader (Domestic Team Leader) to work at Abercromby Health Centre, Liverpool.
Our people are working hard behind the scenes to provide safe, clean, well maintained environments for patients and their NHS colleagues during this challenging time. They are the #HiddenHeros and we need more of them. You will become part of a team who are passionate about supporting the NHS and its people in their vital work by keeping premises clean and safe.
Salary and benefits
* £11.20 Per Hour
* Excellent holidays - 27 days plus public and bank holidays
* Life assurance, Income protection, Personal accident cover and an Employee assistance programme in addition to many other benefits
Where would you work?
You will be based at Abercromby Health Centre, Grove Street, Liverpool, L7 7HG.
What hours would you work?
You will work 25 Hours Per Week, 07:00 - 09:00 and 16:00 - 19:00 Monday to Friday.
What would you do?
* You will be responsible for the delivery of a full cleaning service by managing and supervising cleaning teams
* You will ensure a high quality, cost effective cleaning service within a delegated budget, by effectively managing resources and goods
* You will recruit, train, supervise and develop staff; undertaking their performance management, reviews and one to ones and helping staff to understand and demonstrate our values
* You will complete a range of admin and management tasks such as timesheets, rostering; absence and holiday records and management; stock management, recording and managing incidents and faults using various IT systems
* You will use a range of communication methods to ensure staff are up to date
* You will plan and manage specialist cleaning, for example; de-scaling; spot cleaning; stains; deep clean
* You will work and communicate effectively with tenants, contractors and service users to understand and respond to day to day service pressures.
What experience and skills do you need?
* You will have experience of supervising Domestic Staff/Cleaners
* You may have City and Guilds Level 3 Cleaning and Support Services or IOSH Managing Safely qualification but if not, you will be willing to work towards these as part of your development
* You will have a working knowledge of Health & Safety requirements, cleaning equipment and COSHH, managing complaints, stock, cleaning audits and making judgements on compliance
* You will be good at multi-tasking, be flexible and will be able to travel between sites
* We are looking for people who have the right values and want to make a difference
* You will need to have good level of written and verbal communications skills and will be IT literate.
What are we looking for?
* You will help you and your team do a great job in the right way
* You will deliver the best cleanliness standards for NHS Patients, staff and visitors
* You will work hard, be flexible and bring energy to everything you do.
* You will help lead a team in demonstrating the NHS Property Services Values
* You will join a team who are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity - we welcome people who want to contribute to our inspiring and inclusive workforce.
What do you need to think about before applying?
* This role is occasionally physically demanding, and you will be moving/using equipment and furniture, stretching, reaching, bending, you will also be exposed to dirt, dust and smells
* You will need to be able to work flexibly with early starts and working across sites, please think about how you will travel to different sites and that the hours will work for you.