Manpower are currently working in partnership with a UK Top-100 Commercial Law Firm with offices in London, Oxford, Cardiff, Dublin and Hong Kong. My client is currently recruiting for an Associate (Employment Lawyer between 1 to 4 PQE) - workload will be exclusively employment work.
The firm is recognised by clients and industries alike as being distinct: for its deep understanding, insight and advice to creative, innovative and brand-focused businesses; for its market-leading international practice in employment, immigration and reward; and for delivering pragmatic, commercial advice in a refreshingly human way.
With 61 partners and more than 340 staff, the firm is structured around two key divisions; the Employment, Immigration and Reward (EIR) and the Creators, Makers and Innovators (CMI).
The department is one of the leading employment law practices in the UK, with 24 employment and immigration Partners and around 100 other specialist lawyers.
The team's work comprises a mix of contentious and non-contentious matters for a diverse range of clients. My client's lawyers undertake a significant amount of business development, including giving seminars, producing my clients branded publications and driving client relationships.
- The successful Associate will mainly be Assisting more senior Associates and partners with their cases, as well as running his or her own matters under supervision.
- The caseload will consist of a mix of contentious and non-contentious employment work and the Associate will have direct contact with a variety of clients.
- The role will develop in accordance with the Associate's own skills, aptitude and preferences and according to the needs of clients and the division.
- The ideal candidate is likely to have up to 4 years PQE and gained the benefit of training and development in a well-respected employment team.
- The successful candidate must have comprehensive employment law knowledge, a strong analytical ability and a clear communication style (both spoken and written).
- They must have a commercial approach to client service, enjoy and be comfortable doing business development and, above all, must be a team player.
Training and Development
The division's training programme includes seminars and workshops given by external speakers and by my client's internal experts. They have dedicated Practice Development Lawyers who are responsible for maintaining know-how and precedents across the team, as well as the law firm's business school which provides Associates with the tools and skills necessary to develop.
The successful candidate will be allocated a Career Development Partner (CDP) who will have an overview of their long-term career aspirations and progression. They have an excellent track-record of developing Associates and generating opportunities for Partnership. Organic growth and a strong team culture are at the heart of our success.
In return my client offers a competitive salary between 62,500 (1 year PQE) - 76,500 (4 year PQE) and a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days' holiday, bonus scheme for all staff, life insurance, childcare vouchers, group income protection, employee Assistance programme, private healthcare, group pension scheme, season ticket loan, emergency backup child and elder care service and a cycle to work scheme.