The NHS needs you now more than ever. We are looking for a Bank Receptionist to work at John Coupland Hospital, Gainsborough.
Our people are working hard behind the scenes to provide safe, clean, well maintained environments for patients and their NHS colleagues during this challenging time. They are the #HiddenHeros and we need more of them. You will become part of a team who are passionate about supporting the NHS and its people in their vital work by keeping premises clean and safe.
On our Bank team you will be offered a range of shifts to suit your lifestyle, these vary from part time to full time hours.
Salary and benefits
* £9.29 Per Hour
* Excellent holidays - 27 days plus public and bank holidays
* Life assurance, income protection, personal accident cover and an employee assistance programme in addition to many other benefits.
Where would you work?
You will be based at John Coupland Hospital, Ropery Road, Gainsborough, Lincs, DN21 2TJ.
What hours would you work?
You will work a variety of hours per week, with various shift patterns and start times throughout the day between 08:00 and 17:00, Monday to Friday.
What would you do?
You will be supporting excellent patient care in many different ways such as:
* You will be a calm, professional, calm, friendly, and efficient face and voice; welcoming visiting patients, relatives and visitors, staff and contractors and dealing with telephone calls
* You will manage a wide range of important administrative tasks such as appointments, diaries, room bookings, security passes, mail, logging facility issues, purchasing records, orders and car parking and lots of other general administrative tasks
* You will help to ensure that the premises are open and closed on time, are clean, safe and notice boards and other areas are well presented
* You will use a wide range of different systems and tools such as procurement, finance, HR and facilities management systems.
What experience and skills do you need?
You do not need to have any experience as a Receptionist in the NHS as full training will be given but you will need to have some transferable experience to be successful in this job for example:
* You will have good IT skills - either the equivalent of a RSA2, NVQ2 level or equivalent or over two years' experience of using a wide variety of IT systems
* You will be experienced in general administrative duties and telephone systems/call handling
* You will have strong communication and customer service skills and a friendly approachable manner
* You will be able to learn quickly, be flexible and have good organisational skills whilst having a strong attention to detail
* You will need to have good level of written and spoken English because you will need to speak to patients, visitors and staff in a healthcare environment as well as understanding your training and can carry out all policies and procedures and able to keep detailed, accurate records.
What are we looking for?
* We are looking for people who have the right values and want to make a difference for NHS patients and staff by looking to give them an outstanding experience
* You will be resilient and be able to deal with some stressful or upsetting situations and be able to use excellent communication skills to effectively manage patients and their relatives who can be distressed and occasionally challenging
* You will have a can-do attitude, be able to work things out - turning problems into solutions
* You will work hard, be a great team ambassador and bring energy to everything you do.
What do you need to think about before applying?
* Occasional exposure to distressing and emotional circumstances, handling customer complaints, dealing with distressed patients
* Please carefully consider the duties and environment that you will work in - you will need to be highly resilient and able to deal with stressful situations that could be upsetting.