An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client - a leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a HR Project Co-ordinator (Data & Analytics) based at their prestigious facility in Kingston Upon Thames (At this moment the role will be based WFH). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working 36.25 hours per week. This role is paying up to £40,500 pro rata per annum (PAYE) depending on experience.
For Unilever to remain competitive in the future, the business needs to continue the path to become data intelligent. The Data & Insights team will persevere to make Unilever Data Intelligent, powering key decisions with data, insights, advanced analytics and AI. To help us accelerate on that transformation journey, the Unilever Board has endorsed an initiative under the wider Future Fit operations programme to setup a network of expertise insights hubs that will help us to harness the data to power growth, improve productivity and reduce complexity and risk in our PMUs.
Our ambition is to create cross functional Insight Hubs that will act as the single point of accountability for the local data strategy and market data, leading AI and advanced analytics, generating end-to-end integrated Insights and establishing a data and performance-driven culture. The Insight Hub will drive the "Power" Layer of the markets, unlocking smarter and faster data-driven decisions to drive growth.
To bring our vision to life, we are currently looking to establish a small global transformation team who can help us to drive this high-profile initiative to make Unilever a future-fit data driven organisation.
Job Purpose: To accurately track and report project tasks and performance. Lead detailed people impact assessments and work with HR colleagues and internal Recruitment teams to successfully implementation the people change plan.
Job Scope: This role will support two change programmes; Insights Hubs and the broader I&A change agenda
- Set up and manage all data relating to the people impact assessment and people change plan
- Manage all performance/KPI tracking for the programme
- Partner with Finance to track all costs and savings (FTE and cost)
- Work with HR colleagues in various markets to gather information and provide detail to them as required
- Help drive recruitment plans and work with I&A hiring managers and HR recruitment teams in various markets to gain updates and unlock issues
- Work with Finance and HR Data Specialists to ensure systems are updated to reflect the org changes and cost centre changes
All About you:
- You will have a background in HR, and experience working within confidential change projects (restructuring, redundancies) ideally working across more than one country.
- You will be highly proficient with HR systems and have experience understanding data hierarchy in People Data and understand sensitive data handling issues. You will have strong recent experience working with Microsoft Excel and will very confident using key functions such as "VLOOK UP" and pivot tables.
- You will be highly numerate and very comfortable working with detail. You will be able to easily manipulate data and use graphs to show performance against KPIs. Ideally you will have experience in working with and helping to build performance dashboards.
- You will be results driven, with a positive, "can do" attitude. Resilience will be key, so you will need to be creative when faced with issues with natural drive to see things through to completion.
- You will see the value in building strong relationships and collaborating/sharing information across teams. You will have excellent communications skills and experience working with senior level management. You will be respectful when working with others and have experience working across different cultures.
- You will have worked in a large complex, matrixed environment, where navigating through the system to reach decisions is key.Preferably, you will have worked in a CPG environment, or a fast-paced industry where customer centricity is key priority.