Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Bedford for a Warehouse Operative to join their team on a temporary basis with an immediate start!
The primary process of this role is to carry out tasks in relation to the warehouse operation to ensure that internal/external expectations are met. To operate always in a safe and efficient manner.
Hours of Work: 9am - 5pm - 1 hour paid lunchbreak.
Hourly Pay: £20,000 per annum
- Ensure sufficient and safe storage of all materials.
- Pick, pack and organise all orders, including processing of any necessary paperwork.
- Ensure all orders are dispatched in a timely manner.
- Load and unload deliveries.
- Ensure effective & timely communication.
- Follow appropriate procedures / processes.
- Understand fully, item batch coding and identification terminology to be able to select correct type and quantity of product for processing against Works/Sales order requirements.
- Accurate recording of relevant product information and batch details.
- Maintain correct stock rotation, placement and management of inventory both physically and through appropriate stock management software.
- Deal with any enquiries into the department in efficient and professional manner.
- Maintain project stock tracker spreadsheet and liaise with Area Sales Managers for stock forecasting and re-ordering.
- Receive samples requests and process, including making the necessary samples, labelling and packaging for dispatching by courier.
- Maintain stock of samples and sample making material.
- Accurate record keeping of monthly UK Promotions.
- Responsibility to tint products as required.
- Upkeep of tint machine maintenance and cleaning.
- Re-ordering of warehouse consumables.
- Assist and execute quarterly stock takes with Sales Office Manager.
- Assist with inhouse contractor training set up.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner and pass any messages onto the correct personnel.
- Use initiative and skills and be persistent and tenacious in order to achieve "best practice" always.
- Resolve operational issues in a timely and professional manner with immediate team and colleagues within the business needs of the company.
- Suggest ideas and proposals for improvements to warehouse operations and activities.
- Archive and file documentation as necessary.
- Carry out any necessary housekeeping tasks.
- To provide cover to UK Operations during holiday periods.
- First aid representative
- Ad hoc tasks and projects as necessary
- Articulated Forklift Truck Accredited License - ideally a Pivot Steer PPT
- Powered Pallet Truck Accredited license.
- The candidate must be computer literate and in particularly be familiar with the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word programs.
- To have a high level of inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
Full UK Driving Licence is desirable
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now!