Library Support Assistant - Library Systems & Resource Administration
Main Location: Curzon Library (1 post) and Mary Seacole Library (2 posts),
Salary: £8.72 per hour
Hours: 8 hours/Week
Start Date: Monday 5th October 2020
End Date: 11th June 2021
**Please note this role is just for students of Birmingham City University**
Library & Learning Resources are seeking to appoint 3 Library Support Assistants for 8 hours per week to join the Library Systems & Resource Administration team.
These roles are designed to support the day to day operation of the libraries across BCU through managing library stock, including shelving returned items promptly, and assisting users with queries. Successful candidates will be working to ensure that libraries study spaces remain clear and tidy for student use and form part of a team ensuring that library policies around noise are upheld. Role holders will contribute to additional stock work in the library spaces, including involvement in stock moves where necessary.
Successful candidates will agree with their line manager how to distribute their 8 hours across the week, and these may/may not include some weekend work.
All posts require the following generic skills, knowledge and experience.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Professional approach to the working environment
- Experience of working in a busy, customer focused environment
- Familiarity with the use of materials in a library setting
- The ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and in a calm and professional manner
- Must be efficient, flexible and be a good organiser
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to work accurately demonstrate and attention to detail
- Proactive approach to providing student-student support
- The ability to work under pressure and on own initiative to meet essential deadlines
- Excellent and effective communication skills
Library and Learning Resources provides services at several University campus locations across the city and across extended hours. The post holder will be expected to operate primarily at one of these locations but could be required to provide support at another library with advance notice.