An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client Unilever, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Lynx are currently seeking a Process Development Technician, based at their world class site in Leeds (Seacroft LS14) with some working from home. This is a full-time temporary role for 12 months, 37.5 hour week, paying £22,400 - £25,200 per annum.
The Deodorant Category Technical Centre (CTC) & Regional Technical Centre are committed to delivering outstanding innovation for the deodorant category across the world.
The Process Development team ensures that the product innovation is supported by the best process manufacturing technology and equipment.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
This job is based within the Process Development team with a focus on the delivery of Research/Formulation Deodorant innovations into the Regional & Global supply chain.
Key Challenges of the role
- Manufacture of Deodorant Product innovations at Bench & Pilot Scale.
- Accurate recording of Scientific Data/ Characterisation tests from process experimentation.
- Supporting Main Plant Trials Regionally & Globally.
- Complete a program of pilot plant experiments under management direction for a given project.
- Carry out technical tests in order to characterise product.
- Accurately record experimental results and communicate these to the Process Development Team /Manager and other R & D/ sourcing unit functions if required.
- Design & construct an experimental processing rig through selection & assembly of the suitable Pilot Plant equipment.
- Assist Process Development Manager/ senior members of staff with Factory Main Plant Trials
- Accurately prepare Deodorant product samples, including finished aerosols at Bench & Pilot Scale for Trade List registration, Specification & Consumer Tests.
- Assist manager with Manufacturing/ Supply Chain support on process issues.
- Through process experimentation support raw material qualification, raw material, product & process specifications.
- Assist Processing colleagues in the day to day functioning of the Pilot Plant including when required training of students & new starters/ colleagues.
- Carry out Process Safety Risks assessments for Pilot Scale experimentation for management approval being cognisant of any safety in manufacturing legislation.
- Either a degree in Science/Engineering with chemistry background or relevant working experience in this field e.g. manufacturing, pilot plant
- Practical experience in Factory Processing or Laboratory environments beneficial
- Recent graduates also considered
- Good IT skills
- Teamwork is essential for this role as is some flexibility towards start and finish times
- There will be regular manual handling involved for the duration of this role