Job Title: Store Assistant
Hours: 10:00 - 17:00 with a 30 minute break (32.5 hours a week)
Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client in Potters Bar for a Store Assistant to join their team on a temporary ongoing basis.
Your Store Manager will tell you which of the tasks listed below you have been employed to carry out. Stores are operational Monday to Saturday.
Good customer service skills are essential. Candidates will also ideally have retail experience. DIY experience/knowledge would be preferred but not essential. Candidates need to have a flexible attitude, serving customers, cash handling, computerised till operation, uploading and stocking displays. They could be covering any of the following areas.
Your duties will include:
- Retail assistant with good customer service skills
- Take orders over the telephone
- Computerised till operation
- Contact customers for orders
- Delivery - lifting up to 10kg
- General cleaning and upkeep of the store
- Write customer orders and advice notes
- Maintain depot filing system
- Answer customers' queries
- Forward returns, completed delivery notes etc to Head Office
- Operate Company's stock control system
- Forward orders to supplies by post or telephone
- Progress outstanding orders by contacting supplier
- Assist in the off-loading and checking of deliveries
Smart casual dress (Navy/Black) and supplied with Steel Toe Cap Boots.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply today!