Manpower is recruiting for KEY WORKERS across several different community hospitals in and around Oxfordshire including Oxford, Abingdon, Witney, Wallingford and Aylesbury to work in conjunction with nursing staff in order to maintain a clean and safe environment.
You would be responsible for cleaning and maintaining the patient rooms, public areas, back of house areas such as linen room and laundry areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out daily cleaning routines as scheduled.
- To carry out cleaning tasks as per rota.
- To handle and remove waste in line with segregation processes and procedures
- To unpack and stack all linen and laundry.
- To regenerate cook/chill meals recording the temperatures of food at stages defined as appropriate within the relevant wards.
- To ensure kitchen equipment, regeneration equipment and all surfaces are always clean.
- To ensure food is ready to be served at the correct times for service and all waste food is discarded immediately after service.
- To ensure the dining room is cleaned after each meal.
- To wash-up and account for all cutlery and crockery and kitchen utensils after meals and breaks.
- Ensure all food items are correctly stored and there are adequate supplies.
- To follow hygiene regulations.
- To follow Health & Safety regulations.
- Other duties associated with ward activities.
- To provide cover for colleagues during absences.
- To ensure cleaning trolleys are fully stocked with enough cleaning materials, equipment to clean each area.
- To ensure all cleaning materials are used as directed and secured securely and safely in compliance with COSHH regulations.
- Observes proper procedures upon entering a patient's room
- Report any damages or hazards that are present in-patient room, i.e., burnt out light bulbs, broken furniture, broken fixtures, etc. to Head Housekeeper
- To ensure that all equipment used is fit for purpose and report any damaged or out of date PAT tested machinery to Head housekeeper.
- To ensure proper procedures are followed when cleaning in patient areas
- Adheres to all policies and procedures relevant to the role
- To ensure that all mandatory training and task specific training is attended as required for the role
- To be aware of local health & Safety procedures including fire evacuation procedures.
- To report personal accidents or injuries to head housekeeper to ensure recorded on incident register
- Follow safety and security policies and procedures specific to service
- Knowledge of all fire prevention and emergency policies and procedures
- Utilises protective equipment
- Report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Head Housekeeper
- Attend Trust orientation and training
- To carry out any additional related duties requested by head housekeeper
- Assists other housekeeping personnel when needed
You will be required to do the following:
- Push heavy carts
- Bend and reach to dust, clean & make beds
- Stand & walk for varying lengths of time, often long periods
- Use written communication skills to mark completed rooms on daily paperwork
- Lift all equipment and supplies on and off carts
Manpower will carry out all security checks including an enhanced DBS. Hours start from 25 hours per week in certain locations but will mainly be full time 37.5 hours per week. You will be required to work every other weekend and successful candidates will be placed on a 5/7-day rota.