Manpower are currently recruiting for an Empty Homes Inspector. This is a mobile role that will cover the areas of London
- Carry out non-gas and electrical pre and post empty property inspections in line with agreed targets and Empty Homes (EH) specification.
- Undertake audits of sub-contractor work to monitor quality of work,materials and adherence to specification and Health and Safety.
- Engage effectively with colleagues to ensure they are aware of property status and condition.
- Update and maintain accurate Schedule of Rates (SOR) / Standard Value Minutes (SMV) information using the management information systems to ensure accurate cost and productivity information.
- Prepare an accurate plan of works including enabling work, specifications and relevant quotations.
- Conduct periodic Health & Safety audits of operative's vehicles and company equipment to ensure they are maintained to established targets and standards.
- Ensure that Guinness's obligations relating to all Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are adhered to and escalate all Health and Safety concerns as soon as they are identified.
The ideal candidate will posses the following:
- Up to date knowledge of building construction, repairs and safety legislation. Up to date knowledge of housing sector best practice and relevant legislation.
- Experience of repairs/EH management information systems.
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of Schedule of Rates job specification.
- Experience of recording data accurately onto handheld devices.
- Experience of working as part of a team who deliver front line services.
- Extensive knowledge of building maintenance technical operations.
- NVQ Level 3 (City & Guilds) Trade Qualification or equivalent recognised competency in the required trade.
- Site Management Safety (SMSTS). (Desirable)