Our client is looking for an experienced cleaner to start with them as soon as possible, to be eligible for this position as it is working in a school we will need to put you through a DBS check.
Main responsibilities and tasks The duties of the post holder will usually include the following:
1. To be responsible for all cleaning within the building.
2. To use cleaning materials as provided.
3. To operate cleaning machinery in cleaning soft and hard surfaces, eg. Vacuum cleaners and, occasionally, polishers.
4. Duties to include the following:
- Vacuum cleaning hard and soft floors
- Cleaning toilets including tap fittings and surrounds etc.
- Mopping and spray cleaning hard floor surfaces
- Dusting, damp wiping, washing or polishing the furniture, ledges, window sills and external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments - Undertake occasional wall washing or inside window pane cleaning, washing/polishing door glass.
- Emptying & cleaning waste bins - Replenishing consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) as required - Checking and closing windows, switching off lights & un-setting / setting an alarm
- Reporting defects / hazards as required
- Such other duties as may be allocated from time to time