Manpower are currently recruiting for a Service Manager based within North West London working for a well established Housing Association.
You will manage and support the planned works or empty homes team within a region in the delivery of programmed works.
- Manage a team to deliver programmed works in customer's homes.
- Manage operative productivity and work quality and monitor progress by undertaking quality audits of work and materials (in progress and post).
- Ensure the necessary financial controls are exercised and that adequate resources are in place.
- Manage approved subcontractor's performance and compliance with contractual agreements through regular assessment of quality and timescales.
- Monitor that operatives are maintaining appropriate levels of vehicle stock.
- Manage and control of materials in line with legislative standards and company guidelines.
- Ensure that the company's obligations relating to Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are adhered to through monitoring of safe working practices.
- Ensure timely investigation and response to complaints, and quality and that work flow tasks are completed, and systems updated.
- Support the protection and safety of our customers by ensuring safeguarding procedures are followed and safeguarding concerns are appropriately identified, monitored and reported.
The ideal candidate will poses the following:
- Up to date knowledge of building maintenance, Decent Homes standards and safety legislation.
- Experience of leading, managing, developing and motivating operational teams.
- Up to date knowledge of housing sector best practice and relevant legislation.
- Experience of successfully delivering an excellent customer focused repair service.
- Experience of repairs management information systems
- Experience of stock condition software/hand held devices.
- Experience of working as part of a management team delivering front line services.
- Experience of change management.
- Extensive knowledge of building maintenance technical operations.
- Relevant Technical qualification - trade NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- NVQ Level 3 First Line Management.
- A recognised leadership and management qualification