Due to expansion our client is seeking a Warehouse Operative to become part of their busy warehouse team in Rochester.
You will report to the Warehouse Supervisor and work closely with other Operational teams in the factory, such as Production, Engineering, QA and Hygiene.
As a Warehouse Operative, your role will involve:
- Picking customer's orders
- Goods in unloading and racking away
- Loading/unloading lorries
- Picking materials for production work
- Putting away pallets from production into racking
- Tidying the warehouse
- Cover for other team members
- Assisting other departments when required
The successful applicant will need to have the following skills/knowledge/experience:
- Counter Balance and High Reach Fork Lift Truck licenses with previous experience is essential (PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE BOTH LICENSES)
- Experience and understanding of IT stock control systems, basic to intermediate level computer skills
- Knowledge and experience of working in a warehouse environment
- Experience within a fast pace warehouse environment that handles palletised goods is highly desirable
- Understanding of stock control and the importance of accurate record keeping
Wednesday to Sunday, 6am to 5pm minus 1.5 hours unpaid breaks, 9.5 hour shifts - 47.5 hours per week
Circa £24,000 per annum
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
Interested in this role based in Rochester? Please email your CV or contact me on 07483 340870.