Job Title: Business Support Manager
Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Business Unit: Base Services
Salary: £ 43,445 - £ 53,385
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Business Support Manager.
The Facilities Business Support team is tasked with the delivery of cross business unit improvement, change and support activities to ensure certainty of delivery, building capacity, innovation and efficiencies whilst supporting the growth agenda. The team delivers a wide range of business support activities including (but not limited to) strategic development, data management (including analysis), management information support, change & transformational management, risk management, contractual support, cost management and business continuity. In addition to the identification, inputs and delivery of key business support initiatives and projects at all scales.
Working closely with the decision makers at all levels of the Facilities BU and wider business, you will provide expert support in the delivery of key management information and analytical solutions provision to key stakeholders at all levels.
* Act as a key support to the Devonport Accident Control Centre Operations Cell to support all aspects of data management and associated management information
* Undertake interpretation, comment and challenge of data based systems and information to drive the development of new solutions to meet operational requirements
* Collation, sanitisation and structuring of data to enable effective analysis, review and trending to enable the clear identification of areas for focus. Delivering robust and resilient outputs which drive ensured confidence to support the decision making process at all levels
* Own, develop and deliver solutions to complex data related challenges enabling clear, concise and robust outputs
* Contribute towards the dialogue and direction of travel for local strategic decisions and its flow into the wider business context
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need a qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in a business or engineering discipline (or operating towards becoming a chartered member of an institute) and a formal lean management qualification is desirable with demonstrable experience of effective application of associated tools and techniques.
We would also like you to have extensive experience in data management, manipulation and management information reporting with a high level of IT literacy with experience across data management software such as Power BI and QlikView. You'll also need demonstrable advanced knowledge of MS Excel and proficiency across all MS Office applications
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 25/09/2020