A position has become available in a specialised freight company in Dublin. Reporting into the operations manager you will be joining a team of 12> .The ideal candidate would be a fast learner who works well under pressure with a strong knowledge in the road freight industry.
- To organise the effective import of European cargo utilising mainly Road.
- Operational management of allocated customer accounts in line with Standard Operating Procedures
- Dealing with foreign and domestic agents to ensure that operational objectives are achieved.
- To ensure all administration for files is completed to a high level of accuracy and professionalism
- To use all IT-based systems in the effective delivery of the role
- Ensure that appropriate communication methods are used to provide information both internally and externally as required e.g. Dealing with customer/supplier issues etc.
- To identify and highlight to management any potential improvement opportunities
- Completing import Customs Clearances as required
- Maintaining an appropriate paper trail for Revenue
Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum 2 years recent and relevant European road freight forwarding experience within a busy Freight or Logistics business ideally with some deep-sea knowledge
- Experience processing customs clearances is essential
- Knowledge of various customs arrangements is preferable
- Strong customer service focus
- Organised and logical thinker
- Works well under pressure and can prioritise workload
- IT literate with excellent attention to detail