An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client Unilever, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerrys, are currently seeking a Licensing Assistant Manager.
The role will be based at the Leatherhead site but will commence working from home initially due to current restrictions. This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, 36.25 hour week, paying up to £40,500 per annum pro rata.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates from a marketing, account management or sales background.
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
By collaborating and leveraging external partnerships, Unilevers Licensing Model is a key growth enabler, allowing Unilever to unlock opportunities which expand our brands into new Categories, Channels and Services. This model is resource lite but can bring new ideas to market quickly whilst protecting Unilever brand IP and equity.
The Assistant Licensing Manager UKI supports the UKI Senior Licensing Manager in every aspect of the Licensing process. From working with brand teams to launching new products, contract renewals and building strong relationships with Licensees.
- Project Management: from product concept, artwork and product sign off, to product launch.
- Building strong relationships internally with brand teams and support functions, as well as developing good relationships with licencees.
- Support the Senior Licensing Manager in administration of contracts and renewals for licensees and 3rd parties in order to drive positive business growth.
- Manages 3rd Party Agencies to ensure they are delivering against their KPIs and ensure they are receiving timely and relevant inputs from the relevant Categories of strategy and priorities.
- Use insights, data and analysis to identify trends, issues and opportunities to identify and deliver partnership growth.
- Lead the Internal Reporting process for Contracts ensure timely collection and payment of royalties.
- Summarise and prepare a report of Forecast movements for the Senior Licensing Manager.
- Manage the process of artwork approval and product specifications, ensuring an accurate record is maintained and best practise is following. Work with brand teams as needed to update style guide to ensure Licensees have clear guidelines to work within.
- Manages Trade PR for any new product launches.
- Monitor any unofficial licensed merchandise and work with key stakeholders to ensure this is resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with Global Licensing Exec to manage the Licensing Reporting System. Ensure all UKI contracts and certifications are uploaded, and artwork is managed through this system.
- Manage relationship with the UK careline. Brief on all licensing launches and build relationship with them so have a point of contact for consumer queries.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Sales (e.g. Account Management), Brand Licensing or Brand Marketing, preferably within FMCG
- Experience of working in Unilever and/or Brand Licensing would be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in working with 3rd Parties / Agencies.
- Experience of leading cross functional teams (legal, supply chain, finance )
- Fluent in English
- Strong Commercial, Project Management and Communication skills
- Strong Bias for action
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with people at different levels.