An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Shipping and Receiving Manager to work at our clients site in Erskine. This vacancy is an ongoing temporary role which will transition into a permanent position and is offering a salary of £32K to the £35K for the right candidate, depending on experience. You will be working a 37.5-hour week, although flexibility is required with hours worked across the onsite shift pattern, should the need arise. You will also receive 33 days holiday per year, plus use of onsite facilities.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage your team to deliver our contractual responsibility to our client. This will be achieved by focus on day to day delivery, process compliance, health and safety management, performance reporting and Management information with a significant emphasis on people development and progression. Key team responsibilities will include goods receipt both timely and accurately within SLA, preparation of outgoing materials to required specifications and improving efficiency by recognising and resolving shipping/receiving issues and process development.
Day to day duties include, but are not limited to:
- Full competence in D365 system and reporting / governance
- Management and co-ordination of resources to ensure all KPI / SLA are met
- Management of area to ensure a safe working environment, adhering to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and ensuring they are understood and practiced by the team at all times
- Coach, manage and develop shipping and receiving staff and co-ordinators to optimise performance and meet targets and deadlines
- Full responsibility for staff development plans and successes
- Overall responsibility to ensure all final inspection / packing standards are adhered to at all times including where appropriate adherence to customer packing and shipping requirements and specifications
- Adapt and react quickly to changes based on Customer delivery requirements.
- Analyse and resolve work problems and assist workers in solving work problems.
- Ensure area is kept clean and delegate housekeeping duties, as necessary.
- Ensure preventive maintenance requirements are being performed
- Supervise team members in the shipping / receiving areas.
- Review and assess on-going performance of employees
- Plan future capacity requirements
- Collate and analyse data, supporting the full end to end governance processes
- To assist with the investigation of conduct and capability issues of the team, collaborating with the Manpower Contract Manager in line with the Manpower HR processes and record keeping.
- Ensure adherence to all company guidelines and procedures
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislative requirements
- A proven track record of delivering results against SLA requirements
- Demonstrable experience of managing teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of team development and appraisals of staff
- Planning and organisational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise a varied workload to achieve results.
- Experience of D365 system and reporting capability to support contract governance requirements
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and problem solve in real time
- Ability to work in physically demanding conditions
- Shift flexibility to meet increasing production demands is a key requisite