Our client a leader in their field are looking to recruit a Warehouse & Inventory Manager based in Erskine. This vacancy is temp to permand is offering a salary of £32K to the £35K for the right candidate, depending on experience. You will be working a 37.5-hour week, although flexibility is required with hours worked across the onsite shift pattern, should the need arise. You will also receive 33 days holiday per year, plus use of onsite facilities.
You will be responsible for all aspects of Management and for implementing the Company strategy and driving the strategy forward throughout the Warehouse, by ensuring those targets are met and delivered against.
As a proven people leader, the Warehouse & Inventory Manager will have the ability to recognise and develop talent and have the promote and develop from within mindset.
- Take responsibility for inbound receiving, warehouse management, and finished goods shipping.
- Deliver effective interdepartmental liaison to achieve defined objectives & optimise efficiency.
- Maintain the integrity of the stock holding for the business and ensure orders are picked, stored and prepared suitably for dispatch.
- Manage stock and systems to ensure that levels are maintained, and any discrepancies are reconciled quickly and efficiently.
- Proactively lead, develop, and maintain quality procedure within the Warehouse.
- Adhere to all warehousing "Best Practice" to maximise success
- Coaching, developing and line managing your team
- Active management of health and safety activities within the warehouse including risk assessments.
- Creating an empowering culture to build a high performing team
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a similar distribution operation, with a proven track record of delivering results against KPI's is essential
- Experience of team development and appraisals of staff
- Experience using Stock holding & Hands on experience with warehouse management software
- Possesses strong planning and organisational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise a varied workload to achieve results.
- Previous experience of working with a Shop floor control system/Inventory management system, preferably AX (Highly Desirable)
- IOSH Qualification (Desirable)