Based in the historic market town of Reading and reporting into the Procurement Business Partner for Capital Projects, you will be working for the UK's largest water and wastewater company and will be responsible for developing and managing sourcing initiatives for complex projects with values in excess of £50m.
Functioning as a Procurement Manager, with very realistic progression into a Procurement Business Partner, your role will be varied and include:
- Developing and reviewing sub-contract tenders and agreements
- Drafting comprehensive scopes of works
- Ensuring that sourcing projects are delivered on time, achieving optimum risk allocation, the best value, and fulfilling customers' expectations and ensuring that audit trails, document and information systems, and all supplier information exchanges are effective, with robust confidentiality and traceability, in line with the Procurement Regulations.
- Leading strategy development for specific complex projects and creating compelling and innovative sourcing strategies for complex areas that challenge current ways of working and deliver the best value to Thames Water.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team through the procurement process with full customer engagement and following Thames Water sourcing methodology and demonstrating that sustainability, innovation and risk management collaboration, health, and safety & well-being are effectively considered and managed through each initiative.
- Demonstrating leadership within the Commercial Team by always striving for the highest standards of professionalism, high energy, commitment, and best-practice and contribute to the delivery of your team's targets by maintaining a fast pace in all sourcing projects and challenging others to do the same.
- Applying a creative and agile approach to negotiation to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions whilst at all times cognisant of being a representative of the Company as well as independently leading challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified of equivalent
Knowledge of NEC, IChemE or JCT Forms of contract is essential
Prior experience of strategic sourcing
Understanding and experience of operating the Utilities Contract Regulations 2016
Strong experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams
On offer is an excellent salary with exceptional company benefits.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an employer as a Procurement Manager in an organisation that cares and has looked after all its staff throughout this crisis
My client is keen to interview next week so if this role is of interest or if you want and open conversation about your background and the procurement market please feel free to email me