Manpower is proud to be supporting one of our key clients in their search for a SHE Manager at their chemical manufacturing facility in West Yorkshire.
The business is a leading producer of chemicals that supply a variety of applications; they have a long and rich history and pride themselves on upholding a safety-first approach to their operations.
This is a leadership role in which you will manage a team of 2, whilst focusing on the following:
- Promoting a Zero Harm culture within the organisation
- Ensuring that the business is operating safely within its requirements as a COMAH facility
- Identifying improvements within the Safety, Health and Environment across the site
- Working closely with operational teams to ensure that first-class safety standards are practised
- Providing strong leadership to the team by developing and coaching them to be the best they can be
- Controlling the departmental budget
- Supporting the design, construction and operation of plant equipment and associated processes
If you're an SHE professional with a passion for what you do, then this is the company for you; they're committed to the cause and are looking for someone that can help, challenge and push the business to be better.
Such an instrumental role will require someone that possesses the following key skills and experience:
- High level of Safety, Health and Environmental management experience within a manufacturing environment
- Strong working knowledge of COMAH regulations and requirements
- A NEBOSH General Certificate
- People-focused approach to safety
- The ability to influence and gain support from colleagues
- Ideally a degree within a scientific, engineering or SHE-related field
In return, the company offers unrivalled development opportunities by way of structured and formal training and qualifications.
The position comes with a highly competitive salary, benefits package and flexible working. There is minimal travel required with this role, although the business does have domestic and international sites.
If you'd like to hear more then please don't hesitate to apply today - there is a closing date of the 30th September.