Our well-established client is looking for a Transport Coordinator to plan and arrange transport movements efficiently and cost effectively across the UK.
This a home based role for someone who lives in the Swindon area and you will report to the Transport & Logistics Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effective and efficient allocation of internal transport movements and if required via contractor
- Flexible approach to deal with short notice changes to requirements
- Support delivery of revenue targets through provision of smooth transportation services
- Enable smooth and compliant delivery of service through management of national transportation services
- Manage routing and coordination of drivers across the UK
- Work within internal procedures to ensure that key performance indicators are met with no faults
- To ensure that the KPI's are met in regard to SU movement and reporting
- To ensure all records are maintained in accordance with operational requirements
- Facilitating liaison between individual regions
- Provide reports and information requested by operational teams
- Assisting Operations with Complaint and Incident Reporting
- Uploading daily journeys for payment
- Planning and distributing internal journeys effectively and efficiently
- Previous office administration experience - ideally within transport/logistics
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Driving licence and car owner
In return, you will benefit from 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days with service, pension and life insurance.
Hours: 40 hours per week (shift pattern - 7.30am-4.00pm, 9.00am-5.30pm and 2.00pm-10.30pm)
Interested in this permanent role, based in Swindon? Please email your CV or contact me on 07483 340870.