An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a SQL Developer, to work from home. This is a full-time, temporary role until end of February 2021 paid via Ltd/Umbrella company.
Our client is looking for an experienced and competent SQL Developer to support a key Data project for the company, working within a broad IT Based delivery team with multiple key Functional / Business stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of business requirements, specification design and development of business reports
- Design and develop end-to-end BI/Datawarehouse solutions that support projects and enterprise level strategies
- Support and maintenance of existing reporting technologies including Oracle, MS SQL Server and Vertica.
- Proven experience of working in enterprise data warehouse projects with an in-depth knowledge in data warehousing concepts.
- Design and Develop Data Warehouse solution from multiple sources with a variety of tools and technologies.
- Participate in quality assurance and testing activities according to planned schedules
- Perform root cause analysis and defect correction as indicated by test results
- Monitor DW processes and performance
- Data visualization experience using Tableau.
- Work with software developers, project managers and client operations teams to produce, enhance and maintain systems
- In the development and test database environments, assist Developers and the QA Managers in providing development functions: Design | Build / Develop | Test | Secure
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Using current programming language and technologies, write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications
- Create and maintain technical documentation throughout the project life-cycle
- Develop technical specifications
- Participate in the overall functioning of the development team using industry standards and best practices
Experience/Skills & Qualifications:
- A good Bachelors' with honours or Masters' degree in an Computer Science / engineering, scientific, numerate / technical discipline. Or other relevant qualification
- Three to four years professional experience in relevant roles
- Experience of MS SQL (we use 2012, 2014) in a SQL Developer role.
- Experience in Oracle (12c or above) and Vertica database (or other similar columnar/MPP databases)
- Experience in Python/R coding.
- A solid understanding of database design, development and administration, using software applications design tools and languages.
- Designing software BI applications running on multiple platform types.
- Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- The ability to troubleshoot issues - Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Pro-active approach to work
- An interest and desire for continued learning
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to communicate complex information and ideas to colleagues and work to build consensus
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Additional Experience or knowledge of any of the following is desirable:
- Agile methodology
- Batch / command file creation
- Java and PowerShell