The NHS needs you now more than ever. We are looking for a part time Security Officer to work on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract to work at Clitheroe Health Centre, Clitheroe.
Our people are working hard behind the scenes to provide safe, clean, well maintained environments for patients and their NHS colleagues during this challenging time. They are the #HiddenHeros and we need more of them. You will become part of a team who are passionate about supporting the NHS and its people in their vital work by protecting people and property including the prevention and detection of crime to ensure a safe and secure environment for all.
You will potentially need to cover other sites; we therefore are seeking a candidate to have a full driving licence with access to a vehicle. You will be provided with petrol expenses to travel between sites
Salary and benefits
* £9.89 Per Hour
* £14.84 Per Hour for Saturdays and hours worked past 20:00.
* Excellent holidays - 27 days plus public and bank holidays
* Life assurance, income protection, personal accident cover and an employee assistance programme in addition to many other benefits.
Where would you work?
You will be based at Clitheroe Health Centre, Railway View Avenue, Clitheroe BB7 2JG
What hours would you work?
You will work 19 Hours, per fortnight on a 2 week rota.
Week 1: 18:00 - 21:00 Monday to Wednesday
Week 2: 18:00 - 21:00 Thursday & Friday, 09:00 - 13:00 Saturday
This is a job share role so annual leave cover will be required.
What would you do?
* You will be responsible for frequent patrols on foot or in vehicles to deter, prevent, detect and initially investigate incidents of theft or criminal damage, liaising with the police as necessary and take steps, which may lead to apprehension of the person responsible.
* You will review, assess and identify operational security issues, if necessary, and report to departmental heads and employees on matters relating to improve security
* You will lock and unlock, set and de-activate intruder alarms and respond to alarms
* You will report security maintenance matters, and appropriate procedures
* You will assist in preventing acts of violence or disorderly or abusive conduct and also the evacuation of patients and visitors when directed to do so by the police or fire officer
* You will maintain appropriate levels of records, operate and monitor CCTV and out of hours telephone services and support out of hour's calls
What experience and skills do you need?
* You must hold a valid and current Security Industry Association (SIA) license.
* It would be desirable if you have Security Industry Training Organisation (SITO), National Association for Healthcare Security (NAHS) or similar qualification and CCTV Licence
* You will have knowledge of incident management systems/processes, control and restraint and breakaway procedures; basic knowledge of the law
What are we looking for?
* You will do a great job in the right way
* You will be able to confidently manage and diffuse difficult situations which may have a potential to escalate, with excellent interpersonal skills
* You will join a team who are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity - we welcome people who want to contribute to our inspiring and inclusive workforce.