An opportunity has become available for a Health and Safety Administrator to join one of the UK's leading surface finishing providers. They are a national company, with multiple sites, and despite the current economic climate, they have continued to strategically expand their business, claim further market share and are confident that they will continue to stay robust.
Reporting to the Group Health and Safety Manager, the successful candidate for this role will join a friendly, down-to-earth team who reward hard work and champion professional development. You will be responsible for coordinating the administration of health, safety and environmental policies, throughout four of the six UK-based sites; ensuring compliance to statutory legislation, as well as company requirements.
The main areas of responsibility for this role are as follows:
- Updating, reviewing and the administration of health and safety legislation, codes of practice and company standards.
- Promoting and monitoring compliance to health and safety.
- Ensuring all documentation, notices and information relating to health and safety is relevant and specific.
- Assisting with safety audits and inspections.
- Monitoring and recording details of all accidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses.
- Assisting with and contributing to safety reports.
- Assisting with accident investigations.
- Supporting the implementation of the health and safety policy and management system.
- Monitoring and ensuring all staff work safely, are correctly supervised and report hazards and health and safety concerns.
- Keeping records of monthly fire alarm tests.
Essentially, my client would like to find someone with administration and health and safety experience and who would now like to further develop their career in health and safety. In an ideal world, you will also come from an engineering or manufacturing background and feel at ease when working in a fast-moving industrial environment.
As the role will involve visits to the other sites in the West Midlands, you will need a full UK driving licence and your own vehicle.
My client is offering a competitive salary of £18,000 - £22,000, plus excellent benefits package, with future progression available within the group for those who want it.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and salary expectations to Hannah at .