ETS Avionics TEMs Instructor
About the role
Here at Babcock International, we operate a significant outsourced contract for the provision of education and training services to the Aircraft Engineering Support and Airfield Services based at Royal Naval Air Stations (RNAS) Yeovilton. This includes the provision of forward maintenance and aircraft engineering for Merlin and Wildcat helicopters.
We are looking to recruit an ETS Avionics TEMs Instructor to join the team at Yeovilton and to deliver high quality Phase 3 training in line with company standards and contractual requirements.
- Targeted Employment Module (TEM) Instructional duties in all aspects of the allocated TEM, as laid down in the Yeovilton Statement of Training Task (SOTT) Plan.
- To instruct TEMs as directed by the ETS Senior Instructor and Yeovilton SOTT Plan.
- To comply with all relevant station and unit practices and procedures as laid down in Yeovilton Standing Orders.
- To become the subject matter expert in the allocated TEMs taught.
- General administration of all allocated TEM daily tasks and answering external queries related to the TEMs taught.
- Training quality audits, and to attend and provide input for Training Quality Review Meetings as directed by ETS Senior Instructor iaw JSP 822.
- Section duty custodian in agreement with ETS Staff Officer iaw ETS Procedure 1.
- Additional duties for the position, as specified in the TORs, or any agreed additional duties added to TORs during annual review,
- To continually review allocated courses in accordance with the current Learning Specification, and produce detailed lesson plans for each subject, ensuring any changes are passed to, and incorporated by Training Design Staff.
As well as working for the UK's leading defence support business, we will also provide you with all the training, support and benefits that you would expect from a global company.
What do I need to do the role?
- Previous aircraft avionic engineering experience - essential
- Instructor experience - can be gained in post
- DIT/DTTTv2 minimum - can be gained in post
- Level 4 CET - can be gained in post
- MoD Auditor- can be gained in post
What else do I need to know?
You will work 37 hours per week Monday to Friday and we offer flexible working, please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview. In addition, you must be able to achieve the appropriate level of Security Clearance and have ability to obtain a DBS/CRB clearance.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training. We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you have completed this you will be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please check our careers website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our careers website.