We have an immediate, full time position available now for a Supervisor of Funeral Service Operatives, essential keyworkers for the last line of care.
As a Supervisor of Funeral Service Operatives (FSO), you will cover two of our largest Care Centre Hubs. You will be supervising a large, diverse team of Funeral Service Operatives. supporting them in their day to day responsibilities along with managing their welfare. The hubs also contain a fleet of vehicles, the hearse, ambulance and pool vehicles, you will be managing the co-ordination and upkeep of these vehicles The role is fast paced, multi-faceted and requires a strong people manager who can also show empathy and compassion.
What you’ll need to do:
- Supervision of FSO’s, managing timesheets, training and HR procedures
- Maintenance of fleet vehicles, managing the diary of vehicle use and ensuring MOT and servicing procedures are adhered to
- Purchase and management of equipment
- Mortuary checks, ensuring compliance is met and paperwork is accurate
What we’ll need from you:
- People management skills are essential, able to manage large teams effectively
- Resilience, able to work in emotionally demanding environments
- Strong communicator, able to deliver instructions clearly and engage with people from diverse backgrounds
- Multi-skilled, logistics experience would prove advantageous
- A driving licence is essential
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (pro rata).
- Full training is provided
- Opportunity to build on management skills and ultimately, give back to your community in the last line of care
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government - there will be no face to face interviews, all are conducted online via video.
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to apply now and our team will be in touch.
Dignity UK is the countries largest collection of Funeral Directors. We are one of the most trusted providers of Funeral Services and Prepaid Funeral Plans. We are honoured to serve over 800 local communities across the UK; our rich and lengthy heritage ensures we can deliver funeral services with local knowledge and unparalleled expertise.