We are recruiting for Catering Assistants to work for our valued client, the NHS. Given the current climate, now is your chance to engage in rewarding work and support the country. This is a temporary role for a duration of 3-6 months, possibly longer. If you are passionate about food and like meeting people, this position provides an excellent opportunity for you.
You will work either as part of the ward based catering team or as part of the dining room/coffee shop staff and will be responsible for food preparation or regeneration, meal service and cleaning of all catering areas.
- serving staff and customers in the dining room providing a professional and polite service
- Taking customer orders, making coffee, tea, and other drinks to customer specifications
- Operating cash registers and payment card machines
- Providing a high level of customer service
- clean and store equipment in a safe and hygienic manner which is compliant with all food handling legislation.
- ensure that all documentation duties are maintained efficiently and accurately, for example completion of temperature, waste and cleaning forms.
- operating catering equipment
- Replenishing of stock, stock rotation and stock control.
- To complete and maintain accurate documentation relating to temperatures / sales / stock
- The cooking and / or reheating of a range of food items
- You will be required to prepare and cook food products / meals, temperature probe food and record temperatures in the agreed monitoring documentation for each service area.
We are looking for someone who:
- Good standard of education
- Experience of working within the Catering sector
- has a positive attitude
- is genuinely friendly and caring
- enjoys working as part of a team
- has good communication skills
A Food Hygiene Certificate is essential, however, we can provide an online course for you to complete so you can gain this qualification prior to starting the role.
You will be required to wear a face mask, PPE is provided.
This is a temporary position, for a duration of 3-6 months. You will work between 16-20 hours per week, working any 4 to 5 days out of 7. The hours of work are 2.30 pm - 6.30 pm.
This role is offering an hourly rate of:
- £8.92 - Weekdays
- £12.67 - Saturdays and nights
- £16.41 - Sundays and Bank Holidays
Immediate starts available upon receipt of satisfactory references, Food Hygiene Certificate and DBS check.
What we offer you:
- Paid holidays
- NEST pension