We are recruiting for Ward based Catering Assistants to work for our valued client, the NHS. Given the current climate, now is your chance to engage in rewarding work and support the country. This is a temporary role for a duration of 3-6 months, possibly longer. If you are passionate about food and like meeting people, this position provides an excellent opportunity for you.
You will work either as part of the ward based catering team or as part of the dining room/coffee shop staff and will be responsible for food preparation or regeneration, meal service and cleaning of all catering areas.
- communicate with patients in order to obtain their meal choice from the set menu prior to meal service times so that the correct amount of each meal choice is prepared. This will involve outlining the available choices and explaining the options to patients such as answering queries with regards to ingredients etc.
- assist nursing staff with meal service at ward level
- serve beverages at ward level in accordance with patient requests
- serve staff and customers in the dining room providing a professional and polite service.
- clean and store equipment in a safe and hygienic manner which is compliant with all food handling legislation.
- ensure that all documentation duties are maintained efficiently and accurately, for example completion of temperature, waste and cleaning forms.
- operating catering equipment
- Replenishing of stock, stock rotation and stock control.
- To ensure that food is presented to a high standard and portion control is maintained
- To complete and maintain accurate documentation relating to temperatures / sales / stock
- The cooking and / or reheating of a range of food items
- You will be required to prepare and cook food products / meals, temperature probe food and record temperatures in the agreed monitoring documentation for each service area.
We are looking for someone who:
- Good standard of education
- Experience of working within the Catering sector
- has a positive attitude
- is genuinely friendly and caring
- enjoys working as part of a team
- has good communication skills
A Food Hygiene Certificate is essential, however, we can provide an online course for you to complete so you can gain this qualification prior to starting the role.
You will be required to wear a face mask in communal areas and when carrying out certain tasks. PEE will be provided.
This is a temporary position, for a duration of 3-6 months. You will work 26 hours per week, working any 4 days out of 7. The hours of work are 7.30 am to 2.00 pm.
This role is offering an hourly rate of:
- £8.92 - Weekdays
- £12.67 - Saturdays and nights
- £16.41 - Sundays and Bank Holidays
Immediate starts available upon receipt of satisfactory references, Food Hygiene Certificate and DBS check.
What we offer you:
- Paid holidays
- NEST pension