We have an immediate, full time position available for a Mobile Funeral Director, an essential keyworker for the last line of care.
As a Mobile Funeral Director, your role is client facing, providing the first point of contact for bereaved family and friends. Working across various sites the primary duties are making funeral arrangements with families and conducting funerals, overseeing and supporting all who will be participating in the process. This is an ideal opportunity to take the next step in your career if you feel you have the commitment and qualities required to work in a Mobile Funeral Director role. You will hold excellent customer service and supervisory skills, be a strong team player and act with empathy and compassion at all times.
What you’ll need to do:
- Take a full brief of the families wishes for their loved one with empathy and rapport
- Full organisation of a funeral, includes all details from location, to ordering flowers, booking services, arranging ministers etc
- Supervision and support of FSO’s and team members across the region
- Arranging and being present at family visits to the chapel of rest
- Conducting the funeral duties on the day of the funeral ensuring compliance with the families wishes
- Travel between sites required so a driving licence is essential
- On-call and out of hours are essential parts of the role – call out and OOH rates apply
- A key part of this role is building relationships across the community
What we’ll need from you:
- Proactive approach and ability to communicate effectively with a range of people, both in person and remotely
- Willingness to learn different roles within the business and support different regions across the business when and if required
- Comfortable within the working environment as you will have contact with the deceased
- Presentable at all times, acting with professional conduct and showing empathy
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- Excellent customer focus, adaptability and willingness to learn are essential
- Experience using Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Supply the necessary documentation for a full DBS check
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (pro rata)
- Full training is provided
- Prospect of growth and career development
Salary is dependent upon skills and experience
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government.
Dignity Funerals are one of the leading funeral providers within the UK and are currently listed on the London stock exchange, with a history dating back to 1812 we employ over 4,400 staff across our 826 funeral locations and 45 crematoria sites.
We are trusted by our customers to provide the most professional, empathic support at times of difficulty.
We continue to operate to the highest possible standards across our network whether it be in our operational roles based at our local funeral providers/crematoria, our award winning 24-hour Client Service Centre or our supporting functions within our Head Office in the heart of Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham).
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do, if you wish to be part of a successful business with a strong moral compass.