Job Ref: SF 31753
Babcock International - Energy & Marine
About the Role:
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth, we are currently looking for a CAD Lead to join us. We aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams.
The CAD Lead is required to be the Subject Matter Expert' in the development of our Hexagon 3SD CAD toolset by supporting efficient usage of the software and any ongoing user coaching requirements. They will be required to support the Chief Designer, Design Leads and Designers as required throughout various design phases. They will also support any production interface requirements when necessary thus must be able to manage and balance role responsibilities.
As a CAD Lead you will be the focal point for CAD guidance and floorplate support to technical teams and CAD coaching and user development. You will create and maintain drawing templates to agreed engineering and production standards.
Other responsibilities include:
- Set up and test upcoming process requirements in accordance with Detail Design Schedule.
- Lead on any 3RD Party (satellite) CAD interfaces.
- Maintain designer's desktop guides.
- Develop new and innovative procedures utilising S3D to its full capacity.
- Provide advice on modelling, integrating and naming of secondary and tertiary steelwork e.g. equipment seats/foundation, walkways etc.
- Assist with creation, reviewing and ongoing continuous improvement of CAD design processes and practices.
What do I need to do the role?
We would like you to have the following experience:
- Significant experience in set up of Hexagon S3D systems
- Significant experience in use of Hexagon S3D systems including; component modelling, spatial modelling, 2D drawings, CAD/CAM data files.
- Significant experience of S3D Structural modelling, Parts Modelling and, Assembly planning.
- Experience in editing a mature S3D model that has progressed beyond detailing and planning stages
What do I need to do the role?
You should hold or have the ability to obtain full SC clearance
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please visit our website. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.