Manpower are looking to recruit a Multi-Skilled Engineer for a busy factory, preferably with Electrical bias. We understand the importance of Engineering within our business and this role is integral to ensuring that projects and improvements are continuously driven throughout the site. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that all engineering works are completed promptly, efficiently and to the correct standard to minimise downtime; coupled with a proactive approach to breakdown reduction and production improvement.
You will be working 42.5 hours a week but also need to be flexible to work extra and cover weekends/holidays.
The role will involve;
- The completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance practices.
- Actively promoting health and safety, ensuring that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum, it meets the standards set out in the company's health and safety and environmental policies.
- Being proactive in identifying and eliminating faulty processes by implementing long-term fixes.
- Upholding and exceeding standards of product quality and GMP within their area that are appropriate to an industry-leading quality food manufacturer.
- Being aware of budget and stock control and maintain paperwork to a high standard.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities & experience:
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business and thrive in pressurised and challenging environments.
- Be flexible and a strong team player who also has the ability to work autonomously and manage a busy workload.
- Worked in a similar manufacturing or food production environment.
- A strong electrical and mechanical background including relevant qualifications or experience.
- Ability to understand a manufacturing process, analyse the inputs and outputs of the process.
- Good analytical problem-solving approach and numerical capability.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- IT literate.
- FMCG experience is preferred however not essential.
If you are interested in this position please apply below with your CV and we will be in touch ASAP.