An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a DV Cleared Smart Hands/Break Fix Engineer based on their customer site near AldershotAldershot/M4 area. This is a full-time permanent role, 37.5 hours a week with possible shift work to start ASAP. The role is paying up to £35,000 depending on experience.
** Please DO NOT apply if you do not have the DV Security Clearance required**
The Smart Hands / Break Fix Engineer is responsible for the delivery of all client facing data centre support services on the contract. The engineer will work as part of the Hands and Eyes (H&E) Team and will support all client locations as and when a ticket is raised. The H&E team will provide UK wide coverage and can provide support for End Users, Distributed Server Rooms and Networking equipment
The client delivery programme is SAFeSAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) and the successful applicant must be confident delivering in an Agile project environment.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILTIES
RESPONSIBILTIESWhen requested by the Authority, provide a proactive and reactive Smart Hands service o onsiteor available on call, within an agreed response time [4,8,12 hours], at Distributed Server Rooms used in the delivery of Business Applications, twenty four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days a week, that includes:
- Welcoming and escorting of p-preapproved and scheduled vendors to their relevant equipment;
- Physically power cycling a firewall, router, switch, or server;
- Re-seating a network, or other cable;
- Checking a network activity light, firewall status light, or looking for an error displayed on a console screen;
- Receiving a CD, DVD, or tape and placing it in a server or equipment;
- Emergency service demanding immediate attention during business hours;
- Emergency or urgent requests requiring support or Smart Hands outside of business hours;
- Assisted troubleshooting of co-located equipment that takes support engineers thirty (30) minutes or longer in coordinated support
- Replacing a patch or fibre cable in a rack.
For the installation of Services in Distributed Server Rooms used in the delivery of Business Applications and where required:
- Place Device in rack;
- Run cables to top of rack;
- Connect to network device; and
- Connect keyboard, monitor and mouse.
For the break fix services:
- Diagnose faults in equipment returned via the break fix service;
- Repair standard commercial server and networking equipment following vendor supplied work instructions;
- Replacement of spare parts, e.g. H,HDD memory, network card;
- Arrange safe disposal of non-repairable equipment