An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Windows O/S Build Engineer based on their customer site in Aldermaston. This is a Full-time, permanent role, Monday to Friday then Monday to Thursday alternating weeks, 8 hours and 20 minutes per day between 08:00 and 18:00 (42 hours 1 week, 34 hours following week) to start ASAP.
*** Please note SC or DV clearance is essential for this role ***
** Please DO NOT apply if you do not already have this in place **
Purpose of the role
We are looking for customer-focused and keen Windows O/S build Engineer to join our Infrastructure and Tooling Team. Day to day tasks include developing customer software builds to a high standard, covering new build creation, new hardware models and build updates. Finally overseeing the deployment of the build and transitioning support to the BAU resolver Teams.
You should have a genuine interest in solving people's IT issues and empathetic to customer needs and requirements. You should possess good written and verbal communication skills and be willing to collaborate with the wider IT support teams and help develop a strong partnership with the companys customers IT Leadership. The organisation firmly believes is building progression and developing people at all levels. Part of the role is to coach individuals and facilitate plans training so that people can perform to the best of their abilities.
- Determine and document technical build specifications
- Automation of existing process
- Maintaining security standards
- Writing, editing and testing policies with customer service always in mind.
- Provide diagnosis and troubleshooting in the event of Incidents and Problems arising from the Standard Builds.
- Build and actively maintain relationships with key department heads. Be a credible communicator with the customer at all levels
- Drive Service Management best-practice and ITIL process compliance across the business
- Drive continuous service improvement
- Planning and execution of customer site deployments from build, through go-live and into operational support
The candidate must be prepared to work on a nuclear licensed site and either already have SC or DV clearance and be prepared to undergo security vetting.
The site benefits from a restaurant, cafe, parking and good public transport links. As an employee you'll have access to a large library of courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development. Benefits include workplace pension scheme, life insurance, health cashback plan, holiday insurance, private medical cover (medical cover comes in to effect after 6 months service)
- Deployment using:
- Unattended installs using unattend.txt and WINNT.SIF
- RIS - Remote Installation Services
- ADS - Automated Deployment Services
- WDS - Windows Deployment Server
- WAIK - Windows Automated Installation Kit
- SCCM - System Centre Configuration manager 2007
- Security and Patching using:
- Unattended and silent scripting
- 1 Software Update Services
- WSUS Windows Software Update services
- SCCM - System Centre Configuration manager 2012/2016
- Operating systems and service packs:
- Tuning, securing, troubleshooting, printing, blue screen debugging, maintaining bios & firmware upgrades.
- AD and Group Policy:
- Knowledge for managing, troubleshooting and deployment of software and applications.
- Awareness of ITIL Change and Release Management
*** Please note clearance is ESSENTIAL for this role ***