An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a VMWare and Storage Administrator based on their customer site in Aldermaston. This is a Full-time, permanent role, Monday to Friday then Monday to Thursday alternating weeks, 8 hours and 20 minutes per day between 08:00 and 18:00 (42 hours 1 week, 34 hours following week) to start ASAP.
*** Please note SC or DV clearance is essential for this role ***
** Please DO NOT apply if you do not already have this in place **
Provide a quality 3rd /4th Line experience for all internal customers and external, and to engage with our key suppliers and support functions. This role is strategically important in the continued development of IT Services in an Enterprise Server Management function that will include troubleshooting on all supported platforms
Detailed Job Description
- Day-to-Day Management of the Server Environment including Patching, Image Config/Deployment, Server and Storage support
- Config/Management, System Build, File Storage Management and System Administration.
- Operational Server Support and can include troubleshooting of Windows / Hyper-V / VMWare, Storage & Backup environments as part of your team responsibilities.
- Working within a project team to deliver new infrastructure solutions, enhancements and automation
- Support of EMC storage
Role based between Aldermaston and Bristol, with occasional travel to Derby
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2016, infrastructure experience, OS install and configuration, imaging.
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2016 Active Directory knowledge, understanding of Group Policies / DNS / DHCP / DFS etc.
- Technical proficiency in server and storage hardware and software; ability to consult with other IT groups on system designs and support as a recognized technical expert.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft WSUS, SCCM, and SCOM.
- Hands on experience of supporting Operational activities & troubleshooting in all area of Windows/ VMWare, Storage and Backup infrastructure.
- Understand performance monitoring and be able to produce performance reports.
- Proactive management and monitoring & troubleshooting operational issues.
- Experience of working in controlled Data Centre environments.
- Stabilizing developed infrastructure solutions using Microsoft methodologies in complex customer environments
- Maintain disaster recovery plans, regular review to ensure Disaster Recovery strategy aligns with business requirements. Oversight of Disaster Recovery validation on a regular basis
- Virtualization -Hyper-V, VMware, & Citrix
- Producing technical documentation
- Good understanding of HP server & storage concepts
- General Application Support
- Disaster/recovery concepts
- Windows 2016 server
- Windows Storage spaces
- Hyper-V using SCVMM
- Symantec Netbackup
- EMC Networker
- HPe MSA 2050 and Storeonce
- Project Managing Statement into Business as usual
- EMC storage
- Experience working to project methodologies such as Prince 2 or Agile