Procurement Specialist - Rail
Salary to £40,000+ excellent benefits
Based in South Yorkshire at the foothills of the Pennines and on the boarder of the Peak District National Park, my client is looking for a Procurement Specialist to join their team, This role will be varied and complicated, requiring substantial creative or analytical ability with the potential to handle one off complex tasks or assignments exclusively or in addition to main duties.
As a Procurement Specialist you must understand the mechanics and expected outcome of service proposition development, planning activities and events to support proposition development.
In your role as a Procurement Specialist you will
- Pro-actively develop and build supply propositions for new supply chain opportunities in line with the business requirements. This includes infrastructure and rolling stock
- React to bids for new supply chain opportunities - work with the Supply Chain solutions team to identify and source all materials required
- Supplier identification, selection and onboarding
- Put in place suitable formal agreements and processes to manage new suppliers and products
- Utilize the Supplier Engagement Model to integrate new suppliers
- Work in a safe manner, taking reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other people at work, following appropriate Health and Safety guidance, training and company rules and procedures as appropriate
- Report any accidents, hazards or dangerous / unsafe behaviour to your line manager immediately
Experience and Qualifications
A proven track-record of the successful sourcing and associated activities in securing supply of Rail products and services.
Can implement development and exit strategies as applicable and has a sound technical background.
Can conduct supply appraisal and provide recommendations, negotiate supply agreements, gather market intelligence provide input into, and take a leading role in the development of new supply chain propositions.
A minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior procurement/engineering role
My client is keen to begin video interviews in the next week so if this is of interest or if you wish to have a confidential discussion about your background and the market please email