We have immediate positions available for Funeral Service Operatives, working closely with our Care teams as essential keyworkers for the last line of care. This is a community based role, giving you an opportunity to give back in a critical time.
How it works:
- Let us know your availability each week
- Tell us the skills or attributes you have to offer
- Show a willingness to deliver exceptional customer care
- Be willing to work in a team environment as part of your community
Once we know all of the above, we can provide you with a role that is flexible, suits your work / life balance, provides an additional income, training and uniform.
What you’ll need to do:
- Deliver consistently high levels of client service to the deceased and their families.
- Drive company vehicles.
- Bearing for funerals.
- Participate in the on-call arrangements and bringing deceased into our care.
- Coffin and preparation of the deceased, including coffin trimming.
What we’ll need from you:
- Take pride in your appearance, being professional at all times.
- You may have already worked in the funeral industry but not essential as we will provide full training.
- A full driving licence.
- Good level of physical fitness for heavy lifting.
- Supply the necessary documentation for a full DBS check.
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government.
Dignity Funerals are one of the leading funeral providers within the UK and are currently listed on the London stock exchange, with a history dating back to 1812 we employ over 4,400 staff across our 826 funeral locations and 45 crematoria sites.
We are trusted by our customers to provide the most professional, empathic support at times of difficulty.
We continue to operate to the highest possible standards across our network whether it be in our operational roles based at our local funeral providers/crematoria, our award winning