As Vaccine Research Registry Delivery Officer your main duties will include:
- Acting as the VRR point of contact for study teams, providing prompt response to enquiries and excellent level of service
- Managing processes for vaccine study on boarding as specified in process documents
- Coordinating data collection from study teams across the country for each study including criteria for volunteers and number of volunteers required
- Recording information about study and site team needs from the registry and maintaining these records accurately
- Providing assistance to the Senior Product Manager in coordination of registry access applications to NHS Digital
- Responding promptly to enquiries from internal stakeholders about the registry, using prepared responses
- Responsibility for handling, responding and fielding email enquiries from service users regarding the vaccine research registry or Be Part of Research within agreed timeframes and ensuring enquiries are dealt with professionally and responses logged within call capture system
- Helping to resolve customer complaints about the Vaccine Research Registry and Be Part of Research services, escalating to the appropriate person as needed. Ensure complaints are dealt with professionally and responses logged within call capture system
- Providing flexible project support on the Vaccine Research Registry and Be Part of Research through developing and updating project documents, assisting in event planning, assisting the Engagement Team with study record management.
- Coordinating user research activities such as online feedback or interviews in relation to the Vaccine Research Registry and Be part of Research
- Delivering user research activities using provided templates and guidelines as required
- Maintaining an accurate audit trail of all studies using the Vaccine Research Registry and that any changes are routinely logged within the study record and the appropriate study trackers.
- Any other duties that fall within the scope and spirit of the grade.
What will you bring to the role?
As VRR Delivery Officer, you will have:
- Account management or customer service experience with ability to offer a professional and efficient service to public and professional stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to adapt approach for different audiences
- Strong attention to detail with ability to maintain accurate records
- Experience of coordinating projects and working independently to complete agreed tasks by committed deadlines
- Excellent IT skills, in particular MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- An ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all levels of staff and volunteers
- An ability to deal effectively and professionally with enquiries face to face, and by telephone and email;
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise your own workload and deal with new tasks at short notice;
- A flexible team player, committed to working collaboratively with others to deliver an excellent service
You may also have:
- Knowledge of health research or health services
This is a 6 month temporary work from home role.