Salary: Highly competitive - National - £10.50 - £12.50
Hours: Between 7am - 7pm, some weekend hours maybe required
Delivery Driver opportunities available with Parcelforce
At Parcelforce Worldwide, with over 25 years' experience, we have 54 depots in the UK that deliver over 600,000 parcels every day. Come and join our successful team. You will be delivering some of the most important parcels during the build up to the festive season.
Join us for 6 - 8 weeks with the possibility of obtaining a permanent position with Parcelforce Worldwide.
As a collection and delivery driver you will be working from one of the parcel depots, collecting and delivering parcels within the area. You will be required to work 5/6 days between Monday to Saturday but be available for up to 6 days if required (you might also be asked to work Sundays). Start times may also vary but as a rule will start around 07.00am.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving a 3.5t to deliver and collect between 45 to 70 parcels per day, you will start off with a smaller number of parcels whilst you get to know the role and build up to the expected volumes.
- You will be provided with a delivery and collections route to ensure all parcels are delivered/collected on time.
- Scanning parcels on and off route to ensure tracking information is available to customers and colleagues.
- Carrying out relevant safety checks on the vehicle.
- Working as part of the wider Parcelforce Worldwide and depot team to improve customer service.
The ideal candidate should hold a valid Category B (3.5t light van) UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points. Previous experience completing parcel multi-drop is advantageous due to the number of parcels you will be expected to deliver each day. Great customer service skills and the physical ability to carry parcels up to 30kg.
Please apply today!