We have an immediate, full time position available for an Embalmer, an essential keyworker for the last line of care. Salary dependent upon skills and experience
As an Embalmer, you have a duty of care to the deceased, ensuring that at all times proper and appropriate treatment is carried out in a dignified and professional manner. Providing the best possible standards of preparation and presentation for our clients giving them comfort and closure as they say goodbye to the deceased. This role is part of a team in a busy care home.
What you’ll need to do:
- Ensure consistent delivery of the highest levels of client service and provision of all aspects of ‘Helping our Clients Every Step of the Way’
- Responsible for preparing the deceased to be placed in the coffin, with an eye to final presentation (including the condition of the coffin), taking into account any instruction made by those responsible for the arrangement
- Be prepared to offer advice to community staff on presentation of the deceased
- Fully comply with all Dignity’s Internal Procedures and NAFD Code of Practice
What we’ll need from you:
- Qualified Embalmer from BIE or a recognised school of embalming
- Excellent attention to detail is essential, creative skills would be advantageous
- Strong communications skills
- Proactive approach and ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
- Physically fit and able to lift and carry heavy weights in accordance with manual handling procedures
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (pro rata)
- Full training is provided
- Prospect of growth and career development
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government.
Dignity Funerals are one of the leading funeral providers within the UK and are currently listed on the London stock exchange, with a history dating back to 1812 we employ over 4,400 staff across our 826 funeral locations and 45 crematoria sites.
We are trusted by our customers to provide the most professional, empathic support at times of difficulty.
We continue to operate to the highest possible standards across our network whether it be in our operational roles based at our local funeral providers/crematoria, our award winning 24-hour Client Service Centre or our supporting functions within our Head Office in the heart of Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham).
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do, if you wish to be part of a successful business with a strong moral compass.