Temporary, average 35.7 paid hours per week over a five-week, continental shift pattern
Long term, temporary opportunities are available with our client, HMRC. They are looking for Warehouse Operatives to support with the transition period as the UK moves to operating a full, external border as a sovereign nation.
As part of a team, you will work to load and unload lorries, carrying out customs checks on goods entering the UK. You will need to demonstrate attention to detail, possess a positive and open attitude in this varied and essential role. The role is based at one specific location and requests for home and remote working are not applicable.
What you’ll need to do:
- Carry out operational tasks to achieve departmental and site objectives
- Loading and unloading lorries including manual handling, using roller cages or pallet trucks
- Ensure the correct handling of all client products is carried out at all stages within the facility whilst being compliant with trained manual handling procedures
- Undertake any manual and/or electronic reporting requirements as requested
- Support the operational efficiency and general housekeeping and hygiene standards of the warehouse and site
What we’ll need from you:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills, a flexible approach and a positive attitude
- Availability for the full duration of your assignment
- A forklift truck licence is not essential but please highlight if you have one and are prepared to drive an FLT if required
- Willing for a Health provider to assess your ability to carry out the role safely and effectively
- Ability to work a continental shift pattern which includes early, late and night shifts
- 23 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (pro rata)
- Full training will be provided
- Full PPE is provided for the duration of your assignment
If you are interested, please don’t hesitate to apply now!
HMRC in partnership with Manpower are committed to an organisation that reflects the very best of 21st century Britain and encourage applications from all backgrounds and circumstances.
We’re proud to be a ‘Disability Confident Employer’ and we were the first organisation to be ‘Clear Assured’, which recognised our efforts to recruit and retain employees with disabilities.
To date we have been recognised by the Times Top 50 Employers for Women, named a Stonewall Star Performer, and listed by Business In The Community as an inclusive employer for race.