Our client a leader in their field are looking to recruit a Warehouse Team Leader based in West Central Scotland, near Glasgow. This vacancy is permanent and is offering a salary of £32K to the £35K for the right candidate, depending on experience. You will be working a 37.5-hour week, although flexibility is required with hours worked across the on-site shift pattern, should the need arise. You will also receive 33 days holiday per year, plus use of on-site facilities. The role is temporary to permanent.
You will be responsible for team leadership and development of all staff members and identification of further development potential whilst maintaining rigorous inventory control and delivering efficiency's throughout the Warehouse, by ensuring targets are met and delivered against.
As a proven people leader, you will have the ability to recognise and develop talent and have the promote and develop from within mindset.
- Take responsibility for receipt of materials from the asset recovery centre operation (inbound), inventory control, material security, and kitting to manufacturing operation.
- Ensuring required goods for the production areas are on hand and replenished effectively.
- Deliver effective interdepartmental liaison to achieve defined objectives & optimise efficiency.
- Maintain the integrity of the stock holding for the business and ensure orders are picked, stored and prepared suitably for dispatch.
- Manage stock and systems to ensure that levels are maintained, and any discrepancies are reconciled quickly and efficiently.
- Proactively lead, develop, and maintain quality procedure within the Warehouse.
- Adhere to all warehousing Best Practice to maximise success
- Coaching, developing and line managing your team
- Active management of health and safety activities within the warehouse including risk assessments.
- Creating an empowering culture to build a high performing team
- Waste Management
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a similar warehouse or stock environment desirable but team management / development skills would be more important
- Proven track record of delivering results against KPI's is essential
- Experience of team development and appraisals of staff
- Possesses strong planning and organisational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise a varied workload to achieve results.