Manpower have a fantastic opportunity for an Asset Reliability Manager to join the UK's leading technology innovation and research centre for offshore wind, wave and tidal energy.
Based at our client's world class facility in Blyth the Asset Reliability Manager is responsible for operating and maintaining highly complex and world leading test facilities and assets.
What will the role involve?
As Asset Reliability Manager you will be responsible for ensuring utilisation availability is maintained through preventative and predictive maintenance initiatives.
- You will oversee and participate in the development of engineering solutions to repetitive failures that could adversely affect testing activities, availability and utilisation
- You will collaborate with the facility's general services and contracts management, project delivery and engineering management to ensure the reliability ability of new and/or modified asset / facilities are considered and evaluated supporting the changing requirements of our discerning client base.
- You will establish and effectively manage the respective annual reliability / maintenance budget providing budget estimations and controlling expenditure, delivering timely Management Information.
What do I need
- You will be educated to at least degree level in a relevant discipline and it would be advantageous to have or be working towards Chartered Engineer / equivalent status
- Knowledge of and the application of good practice engineering reliability and maintenance procedures and tools.
- High Pressure Hydraulic installation and system operation experience
- Sound knowledge of electrical/mechanical generating plant and apparatus (generators, convertors, gearbox etc.)
- Installation fault-finding/rectification and reliability and maintenance of rotating plant and machinery experience
- Running equipment within set guidelines to meet clearly defined criteria.
- Sound knowledge of electrical/mechanical generating plant and apparatus.
- Good understanding of H&S legislation applicable to plant operations including offshore assets / turbines / platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a motivated and strong team player
- A flexible approach to work activities as you will be required to provide standby and call-out cover as agreed and provide support outside of normal working hours
- Experience of working in OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 17025 environments. (desirable)
- Capable of working at height and having Offshore Certification is desirable but not essential (Training available)
In return, a competitive remuneration package is offered which includes attractive basic salary, pension, bonus, and subsidised health care saving scheme.
To take the first step in securing this excellent opportunity apply today ….