Due to expansion our well established client is looking for a Flooring Fitter/Repairs and Maintenance Operative to cover the Cardiff area.
Reporting to the Head of Property, you will be responsible for undertaking both responsive and planned maintenance tasks to properties within the business. You will be required to carry out repair/installation as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Carry out tasks in occupied and empty properties such as the following:
- Cleaning of existing flooring
- Clearing the work area of furniture and sometimes removing doors
- Preparing the surface by cleaning, and levelling with compound if required
- Cutting and fitting underlay
- Fixing flooring materials by one of several methods such as stretching over spiked grippers, stitching, taping, heat-sealing or gluing
- Once fitted moving furniture back into place and re-hanging doors
- Fitting of other materials such as wood, laminates and vinyl
- Removal of flooring to a suitable place
- Carry out a range of plumbing repairs and minor installations.
- Carry out a range of carpentry and joinery repairs and installations including repair of windows, doors and frames, UPVC components, internal plywood doors; fences, soffits, fascia and bargeboards. Joinery work including the fitting of and/or repair to architraves, skirting bath panel and frames, the fitting of kitchen units and worktops, the fitting and repair of double glazed units, locks, floorboards, and stud walls.
- Carry out a range of minor plastering works including filling-in and cover up.
Painting & Decorating
- Carry out a range of painting and redecoration tasks including prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding and steam cleaning; remove wallpaper and loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls and joinery by applying fillers/ sealant. Prepare/sand surface for application of decorative product.
- Carry out a range of groundwork repairs
Majority of the role will be working as a Flooring Fitter and the other duties will be adhoc.
*Previous floor fitting and property repair and maintenance experience
*Good communication skills both verbal and written
*Able to work independently or as part of a team
*Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Software
*High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
The successful applicant will need a driving licence, their own van and tools. You will be required to undertake a DBS check before employment starts.
In return, you will benefit from 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days with service, pension and life insurance.
Hours: Mon-Fri 40 hours per week 8.30am-5pm
Salary: £21,000 plus £4,000 vehicle allowance
Interested in this permanent role, covering the Cardiff area. Please email or contact me on 07483 340870.