Nuclear Assurance Manager
Energy and Marine
£45,315 - £53,422 dependent on experience
About the role
Babcock Energy and Marine Division employees highly skilled people and are the UK's leading naval support business. Our experience draws on an unmatched range of engineering and technical skills in providing through-life services and deep maintenance to the Royal Navy's major warships and nuclear-powered submarines, in addition to operating a wide range of strategic shore-based naval support facilities.
Babcock Rosyth is home to one of the largest waterside manufacturing and repair facilities in the UK and we are currently going through a large growth period including developing the infrastructure across the site. Due to this growth, we need to ensure the independent oversight of all nuclear related activities, promoting attitudes and behaviours across the site.
Therefore, we are looking for a Nuclear Assurance Manager to join the team at Rosyth. The main purpose of your role will be to deputise for the Head of Nuclear Assurance and provide independent advice and guidance to the Head of Nuclear Assurance, Director of Nuclear Operations, and the wider organisation. Provide independent advice and guidance to all functions within the Nuclear Business Unit (NBU) regarding adherence to regulatory requirements and implementation of best practice.
A large part of the role is to ensure effective interface with the external regulators and internal stakeholders in relation to nuclear, radiological, conventional, environmental, environmental permitting, fire and, security of nuclear and hazardous materials matters for work undertaken across the RRDL site.
- Provision of independent oversight of nuclear related activities, promoting attitudes and behaviours that encourage constructive challenge;
- To assess activities against Leadership and Management for Safety (LMfS) requirements on an ongoing basis to support the Rosyth site LMfS of RRDL's Management of Safety;
- Lead licensed site interventions with regard to regulatory compliance.
- To ensure that business processes align with nuclear industry recognised best practice and;
- To ensure that business unit processes are amended to respond to any change in external regulatory legislation.
What do I need to do the role?
You will need to have held a recognised engineering / technical or assurance position and operated in a senior position in a highly regulated industry. HNC or relevant experience will be considered but a Degree in a relevant subject is preferred.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of the following:
- Inspection Qualifications and certification as appropriate to the role
- Relevant Lead Audit qualification
- Recent experience in the nuclear regulatory field, relevant experience in the environmental regulation field
- Extensive experience of implementing, advising, or regulating HSE arrangements
- Experience in nuclear licensed site operation, maintenance, safety and regulatory compliance
- Experience of nuclear plant decommissioning would be preferred.
What else do I need to know?
- You must be able to achieve the appropriate Security Clearance level for this role.
- The role will be based in Rosyth, Fife, with travel as required supporting the needs of the Business.
- This post is open to British Nationals only due to security consideration.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training. We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you have completed this you will be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please check our careers website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.