An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client Unilever, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf, Marmite and Ben & Jerrys, are currently seeking an experienced Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Advisor, based at their Burton upon Trent site. This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, 39 hour week, paying up to £45,000 per annum pro rata, depending on experience.
Reporting to the Safety and Environment (SHE) Manager, the SHE Advisor will have responsibility for managing safety, health and environmental improvement activities to achieve excellence at factory level within an upper-tier COMAH establishment.
You will work with site supply chain teams to develop the local strategy and improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable solutions by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impacts as measured in the core KPIs. In addition, you must also be able to lead and manage specific projects from time to time and support site leadership teams in successful project delivery, managing multiple workstreams and demonstrate effective communication with stakeholders at all levels.
- Embed the global/cluster safety, health and environmental policy, strategy and standards within their respective area through effective leadership, communication and engagement
- Co-ordinate factory safety, health and environmental workplans in order to deliver sustainable solutions to realise the site targets and objectives
- Ensure all incidents are reported, investigated and analysed by department leaders and govern the timely implementation of controls and cascade the learnings across the factory
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, behavioural safety audits and visualise to drive engagement with all stakeholders
- Drive safety, health and environmental risk assessment programs, actively supporting the development and implementation of appropriate controls and ensure all assessments are updated within the specified renewal period
- Perform regular workplace inspections and audits with factory leadership teams, ensuring that all audit actions are followed through to completion
- Accurate data collation and timely reporting of factory safety and environmental performance to global/cluster OSHE team
- Co-ordinate and facilitate Preliminary Hazard Assessments, providing advice on potential implications of existing and forthcoming legislative requirements and to make recommendation of suitable means of ensuring compliance
- Lead the Safety Pillar within the factory and in accordance with World Class Manufacturing methodologies and demonstrating a continuous improvement mindset
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever Process Safety Management Program and support deployment in the site and support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health
- Manage Third-Party waste contractor, resolve environmental non-conformities and actively support delivery of the environment and sustainability KPIs
What skills and experience do I need?
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or at least 50-75% completion)
- Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Management System Lead Auditor
- Excellent working knowledge of safety, health and environmental legislation
- Knowledge of the Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 2015
- Fully trained and competent in conducting COSHH assessments
- Manufacturing and/or Engineering experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and loss information systems
- NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management