About the Role
Here at Babcock International we are looking for a Incident Responder who will be involved in the following activities;- Foot Patrol, Vehicle Patrol, Main Gate search, Control Room operator and any other security related roles required by the Incident Response Manager/Supervisor to maintain site security and manning levels. You will also respond safely and appropriately to a Fire or Safety Incident and carry out First Aid at Work should this be required.
Staff will work a Shift System to suit the role and site requirements therefore be prepared to work emergency shifts if required.
Other duties include:
- Control access to and from site - Check passes of employees and visitors as they come onto site.
- Keep entrance and exit clear for emergency vehicles during an incident.
- Search vehicles & pedestrians - Search of pedestrians with baggage.
- Monitor CCTV and security systems - Assessment of risks to the site through the use of CCTV. Monitor alarm systems.
What do I need to do the role?
- Security Industry Authority Accredited (SIA)
- Minimum SC Cleared must be attained
- Conflict Management Experience
- Incident Management Experience
- Good report writing skills
- Relationship & Rapport building skills
- Risk assessment and threat mitigation.
- Fire-fighter experience or the ability to pass a course
- Nuclear Industry experience beneficial
- Flexibility to adapt to normal and emergency shift working patterns
- Previous security Industry skills in guarding and patrol roles
- First Aider experience
- Driving Licence
- Maintain a good standard of health &fitness for the role
- British National with a valid UK passport
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate will need to satisfy the security requirements for this post. You must be a sole British National and hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) or 'Developed Vetting' (DV) security clearance. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information.
Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.