Manpower is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to work on a 6-month contract for one of our clients based in Chichester, starting ASAP. Please note, you will be required to work in the office initially but will be able to agree a work location once settled, which may be a combination of home and office working.
Our client faces three main challenges - performance, culture and financial. Your role will be pivotal to ensuring the on-going health and delivery of projects against the Integrated Risk Management and Service Improvement plans.
Reporting to the Head of the Programme Management Office, you will be assigned to projects depending on need. You will be responsible for the on-going co-ordination, and delivery of a range of operational and strategic projects across the Service. This will include day to day responsibility for all aspects of the projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, to cost and to a good standard. Key to this is the effective management of project definition, scoping, risks and issues to ensure successful delivery and measurable impact.
You will need to be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of how robust project co-ordination can support continuous improvement and change using a variety of project management techniques, and be an experienced project manager able to deliver projects covering a wide variety of subject areas. You will also be required to manage a number of teams, directly or indirectly, ensuring that the Service's Business Change processes are followed and ultimately delivery achieved.
- Ability to implement new processes and assess the impact of the modelled process on service delivery, identifying any enablers and dependencies to successful implementation and engaging with all key stakeholders necessary to implement proposed changes.
- Understanding of human aspects and factors influencing change, with the ability to develop strategies, techniques and strategic alliances with key stakeholders.
- Understand how business change relates to technology and design change activities accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence actions by others and negotiate effective business solutions.
- Ability to challenge existing practices and identify innovative solutions within the required framework.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Post graduate professional qualification relevant to programme, project or change management or equivalent level of significant experience.
- Experience of using recognised techniques and approaches for analysing and designing a business and its processes and embedding sustainable change.
- Experience of engaging with key stakeholders to ensure relevant aspects of the business are analysed, and changes successfully implemented.
- Experienced in delivering customer focused services that will improve services in the future through resource planning, creative problem solving and managing projects and strategies.
If you're an experienced Project Manager looking for a new opportunity, please apply today!